- May 24, 2017
- Posted by: AHEAD
- Category: Looking AHEAD, Uncategorized
If you haven’t already heard, Looking AHEAD 2017 is fast approaching! This year marks our fourth annual technology summit and it’s going to be bigger and better than ever.
In the past, this event has been described as “game-changing” by attendees who continue to come back year after year. If that’s not reason enough, check out our top ten reasons to come to Looking AHEAD 2017.
#10. Customer Success Stories | Don’t take our word for it!
Hear what our customers have to say about working with AHEAD and their stories of transformation and innovation.
Learn from top-level IT professionals as they discuss their respective organizations’ cloud adoption journeys, including lessons learned and what they are focusing on next.
- Michael Shanko, Sr. Director, IT Operations, Silicon Valley Bank – New Technology, Same Culture. Inspire your Talent to Become Change Agents
- Rich Mozack, CIO, Hub International – Customer Round Table
- Trey Tharp, Sr. Managing Architect, Allstate Insurance – Customer Round Table
- Bill Hineline, Director, Application Performance Management, United Airlines – Connecting Applications to Outcomes with Cisco’s AppDynamics
#9. More than Just Technology | Culture is Key!
No one said change is easy, but it can be done! One of the most underestimated aspects of a successful digital transformation is building a culture that is both agile and transparent.
At Looking AHEAD 2017, Adam Jacob, CTO of Chef, will discuss how to build a DevOps Culture, highlighting important concepts through examples and stories. He’ll preview building empowered organizations, designing delightful products, and running effective operations.
Also, Michael Shanko, Sr. Director, IT Operations, Silicon Valley Bank, will be discussing the topic of cultural change by exploring the challenges of evolving a cloud operations team across two organizations with very different makeups.
#8. Nicholas Carr’s Keynote | Rewiring the World, from Edison to Google
Meet us at the intersection of technology and culture as we kick off the day with Nicholas Carr, author of the influential bestseller The Big Switch: Rewiring the World, from Edison to Google (2008), which the Financial Times calls, “the best read so far about the significance of the shift to cloud computing.”
Nick will survey where we’ve come in the ten years since his book, and examine where the cloud will take us, as businesses and as a society, in the years ahead. His talk is guaranteed to stir deep thoughts and practical insights — and to provoke productive, far-reaching discussions about the role and meaning of the cloud.
#7. Top Tech Sponsors | Geek Out
When’s the last time you’ve been able to talk face-to-face with dozens of the top vendors in enterprise technology – all in the same day? If you come to this year’s Looking AHEAD 2017, the answer will be June 22.
Connect with vendors like Amazon, Nutanix, DellEMC, Cisco, Rubrik, and many more! We know these conversations and presentations will enable you with the knowledge, resources, and relationships needed to drive innovation in the enterprise.
#6. Most Attendees Ever | Bigger is Better
2017 will be our fourth annual Looking AHEAD technology summit. Since the founding of our annual event in 2014, our attendance has nearly doubled.
Together with close to 30 sponsors, we are expecting to welcome over 600 industry leaders and partners to Looking AHEAD 2017!
#5. Startup Shark Tank | “And for that Reason…”
Check out four disruptive startups pitch their company’s impact in the digital space …“Shark Tank” style.
- CloudGenix – CloudGenix™ was founded by a group of seasoned innovators with extensive careers in networking administration. CloudGenix™ ION gives you an entirely new way to build your WAN—one that is defined by software instead of hardware.
- Big Panda – BigPanda’s Algorithmic Event Management platform turns alert noise into insight, unifies fragmented operations, and enables digital enterprises to attain dramatically higher service levels.
- CarbonBlack – Carbon Black was founded by former members of the U.S. government’s elite team of offensive security hackers, delivering a new generation of endpoint security, purposely designed to protect your organization from the most advanced cyberattacks.
- Hashicorp – HashiCorp is a company based in San Francisco that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks.
#4. Chicago Techweek | Perfect Timing
If Looking AHEAD wasn’t enough, June 19-23 is Techweek! Headquartered in Chicago, this tech conference extravaganza will be showcased in 9 cities across the nation.
Take advantage of all the tech-focused events of Techweek, including knowledge events, tech showcases, and industry networking opportunities!
#3. Same Time. Same Awesome Place. | Harris Theater
Harris Theater, the event venue, is conveniently located in downtown Chicago at 205 E. Randolph St., just steps away from Michigan Avenue, public transportation, and public parking garages.
The venue usually hosts an array of music, dance, and performing arts organizations, making it the perfect spot for our technology summit as there’s tons of space for HUNDREDS of IT leaders and peers.
#2. Rooftop Party | Work Hard, Play Hard
Sure, this is a professional IT summit, but we still know how to have a good time.
After the conference, you’ll unwind on a beautiful rooftop terrace overlooking Millennium Park with delicious food, an open bar, and music from DJ Matt Roan, who was awarded “Best DJ in Chicago.”
#1. FREE | It’s on us!
No need to worry about the cost! Unlike most conferences, our annual Looking AHEAD technology summit includes all this and more, for FREE!
Need we say more?